Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book Review of : Free Book * by Brian Tome

Brian Tome hits home hard in this bold, "no corners cut" book about freedom found in Christ. He challenges believers to grasp the full freedom that can be found in Christ and to let go of their inhibitions and preconceived ideas about their faith. He steps on toes, but does so out of a love and passion that Christ has put in his life. Addressing areas such as spiritual warfare, forgiveness, community and yes...even tattoos (very briefly)...he keeps it straight forward and light-hearted.

I received a complementary copy of this book by the publisher (Thomas Nelson) through BookSneeze. It kept my attention through every page and challenged me to embrace my freedom in Christ even more so than I already had. Brian inspired me to be more bold (out of love) and to quit worrying so much about "stepping on toes" or "offending" those that might not like what I have to say. I loved the way he was willing to talk about things in his life to make it more personal versus taking the "finger pointing" approach.
I hope more people read this book, take it to heart, and start to live more freely in Christ. I think this would be a phenomenal book for a lot of pastors to read and challenge their congregation with...or just utilize more in their own lives and preachings. Read Brian Tome's "Free Book*" and open your heart to what God has for you to hear in this man's daring text!

No comments:

Post a Comment